UNDERSTANDING FOODS THAT STAIN TEETH
Understanding the foods and drinks you consume is essential to keeping your health in check. Did you know, that by understanding the foods and beverages we consume can also help us identify the source of what is staining your teeth? Having a white smile is important to many people across the nation who find that a white smile is a beautiful smile. That is why keeping updated on the latest foods and drinks that can discolor your smile is essential.
Our dentist, Dr. Narinder Mahal, is happy to help you with your teeth-whitening needs. As a result, our team at Auburn Oaks Family Dentistry in Citrus Heights, California, is delighted to share some insight on foods that can stain your teeth.
Here is a list of foods and drinks commonly known to discolor your teeth:
– Red wine: Red wine contains acids known for staining teeth.
– White wine: White wine can produce a yellowish hue and damage your teeth.
– Curry: Curry is yellow in appearance and the pigment used can yellow your teeth as well.
– Tomato sauce: Tomato sauce is high in acidity due to tomatoes and the bright pigment color.
– Berries: Several different types of berries can stain your teeth.
– Sodas: Dyes in sodas have tooth staining properties.
– Balsamic vinegar: It is possible for balsamic vinegar to stain your teeth due to the dark pigments.
– Coffee: Coffee has several products that can darken and discolor your teeth.
– Tea: Tea has known properties for fading the color of your teeth.
Many of these foods are delicious, making them hard to avoid. That is why having a teeth-whitening treatment may help you keep your teeth white for many years to come. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please call 916-722-4900. Our dental team is happy to help you.