If you wish to add another layer of protection to your oral health care repertoire, consider a preventative treatment or procedure that can effectively keep your teeth safe from further damage. Dental sealants are highly effective tooth restoration procedures that are applied to the chewing surfaces of teeth to help prevent tooth decay. Dental sealants are thin coatings that come with the following benefits:
– A single dental sealant can last over a decade before any kind of repairs or replacements will be required.
– Dental sealants can resist acids that can chew through normal tooth enamel. Thus, they can lower your risk for cavities and tooth decay.
– Dental sealants bring out the natural shine of your teeth as they go on clear and allow your dentist to determine if any damage occurs underneath.
– Dental sealants have been shown to help reduce your risk of tooth decay by as much as 80%.
– Studies done by the Center for Disease Control, also known as the CDC, have proven that sealants are effective for children. In fact, a child with sealants in place are three times less likely to develop cavities on protected teeth.
– A child’s first molars begin to appear around the age of 6. It is safe effective to apply sealants as soon as they begin to arise.
You may be at an elevated risk for tooth decay. Auburn Oaks Family Dentistry is here to help you with all your oral health care needs. For a comprehensive diagnosis from Dr. Narinder Mahal and our team at our dentist office, you can book an appointment by calling us at 916-722-4900. For dental sealants from a dentist in Citrus Heights, California, call us today.